If you are looking for some inspiration regarding your lounge, having a custom built fireplace installed is a great idea, and with an established supplier who also installs, you can create a unique design that suits your home perfectly. There are, of course, unlimited ways you can achieve this, and only by talking to an established company, will you be able to make an informed decision. An online image search will surely give you some ideas, and to help you in your search for perfection, here are just a few of the more popular fireplace designs that homeowners are choosing at the moment.
- Stacked Stone – This type of fireplace never fails to impress, and with an experienced stonemason selecting and placing the stone, you can be sure that your new fireplace is truly one of a kind. If you have the space, why not design a long stone fireplace with the fire itself centrally located, and with the right supplier, such as Danton Fireplaces, you can rest assured that the work will be of the highest standard. Building a stone fireplace is skilled work, and not something you’d want to tackle by yourself, and with the professionals in your corner, whatever style or design you choose will be expertly fitted.
- A Hole in the Wall Fireplace – These are very much in trend at the moment, and ideal for a smaller room, and with the flush wall look, it goes well with a contemporary setting. There are fuel choices too, with gas, electric or a multi-fuelled stove, which is very eco-friendly, and if your living room would do without any exterior additions, the flush type fire is the perfect choice. The installation team would cut out a section of the wall, and once the unit is fitted, they would render the plaster ready for painting.
- Granite is Timeless – There’s no doubt that a granite fireplace is an attractive addition to any room, and with swirling patterns and various colours, you can create something truly unique to your home. Polished sections can be used for the mantel, and with small pieces as shelving, the look is complete.
- Stone Cladding – This is an inexpensive way to achieve that rustic stone look, and the right design can be a stunning addition to any living room. One popular theme is to cover the entire wall in stone cladding, which perfectly complements the fireplace, or alternatively, you could build a small retaining wall around the hearth, providing you have the room.
- Marble – Marble is never out of fashion and in the right setting, a marble fireplace with matching mantel really adds a touch of class, and with many colour and pattern variations, you can select the perfect piece from which your fireplace will be crafted.
There are online suppliers of the very best quality stoves, and with bespoke fireplace design and professional installation, your living room will suddenly become very popular.